“On-time delivery.” Words spoken, written and promised. In a world that takes the statement “on-time” glibly, you may have experienced companies that do not understand the necessity to meet and exceed delivery expectations.
Delivery is a service that is essential for a number of reasons.
- Delivery of the products you produce, on-time, punctual, is professional, end of story.
- When late with a delivery, customers lose trust.
- Without confidence in on-time delivery, within specs, customers end up making ad hoc assumptions to compensate for the uncertainty to their supplier.
- Your performance is always being graded. No matter the quality of a product, customers will not buy if delivery is repeatedly late.
- Fighting fires and responding to crises related to a late delivery, is a waste of a customers time. To high-impact buyers and managers, time is the scarcest resource.
- Customer satisfaction is mandatory, if you plan on keeping your customers. If you don’t deliver on-time, you open the door for your competitors.
Everyone understands “Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.” (Allen Saunders) Equipment goes down, electricity goes out, snowstorms happen, and trucks have flat tires. Keep your customers informed, even when it is a difficult call to make. Honesty and integrity will insure credibility.
As printers, we expect on-time deliveries from our paper suppliers, as it is imperative in order for us to meet our customers dead-lines. It is important to remember all the ways it can impact a company’s resources and therefore, their bottom line.
The pace of business is continuing to increase, and customers expect continuous improvement. In the world of printing, outstanding quality, cost and delivery are a market expectation, not an added value or benefit, and we must meet those expectations. Period!!
On our journey toward building a highly productive and valuable relationship with our customers, Alexander Clark Printing suggests having a conversation with your sales consultant. This will establish trust and demonstrate to you our ability to delivery on-time. In today’s economic climate you hear about paper shortages, staff shortages and reduced capacity. As a larger printer, Alexander Clark has higher allotments of paper, knowledgeable and experienced full-time staff and the capacity to handle any project you may have. When looking for stability, continued flexibility and dependability you can always count on Alexander Clark Printing.